Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #302 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nks View Post
damn that is pretty loud..18" resonators didn't help too much did they ? Man I didn't want it that loud and it sounds like drone. Sounds nice though.
I'm glad I got the 18" resonators for sure. Keep in mind that my setup includes HFCs and headers too, so it's nothing like what this would sound like on an otherwise stock car. Also keep in mind what I posted earlier in the thread about my trunk though. I've got a big hole back there that's resonating like a giant drum. I added the Dynamat this past weekend, and then some foam is going in tonight, we'll see if that reduces my trunk resonance further.

The camera makes it sound more drone-like than it really is, on top of all of those excuses I'm just saying, given all of these things, don't take my video as evidence of the FI exhaust being inherently drone-y.

As far as general volume level goes though, as I said over in the FI thread: compared to the Stillen catback on the same setup, idle and low RPMs have gotten slightly louder, high RPMs have gotten slightly quieter.