View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
dwx
Base Member

Drives: Subaru
dwx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX Z View Post
You keep saying that but the RX-8 has 50 more bhp. The RX-8's are fast but have not done well nationally with a few exceptions since the merger.

It will be an interesting class with the MSR and ZOK gone especially if the current class leaders switch to a different car and stay with the class.

I'm a little surprised the BRZ/FRS can only fit a 245. With the rest of the class on 265's, 285's, or 295's, being able to squeeze the 275 seems critical.
275 might be doable, I'm at least glad Hoosier came out with the 275/35/17. I'm using a +42 rim which is as far as I can go and stay stock legal. I just had the 245s mounted and there is more clearance than I thought there would be with the front camber maxed out but the 275/35 is quite a bit wider. It will just be part of the development of the car to find out what works best. It is at least a couple hundred lbs lighter than its competitors not counting the Miata. I believe Chris runs 225s on his car and it's about 300 lbs lighter than the BRZ.

Since the 275/35 is brand new I doubt anyone has used ones they are willing to give up for test fitting.

BFG sells a 255/40/17 R1-S which I'm sure would fit but I think the jury is still out if it is a true competitor to the A6.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote