View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #60 (permalink)
Compdoc777
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo #4 MB
Compdoc777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
theres definitely a restriction at the H-pipe as well. if you have a high flow cat, the pipe is 2.5". the opening to the H-pipe i believe was 2.25" and then it opens back up to 2.5" before it hits the muffler. from what a tech at a local shop told me, it was probably done to increase backpressure. he told me opening it up to 2.5" might increase the power a bit, but of course thats all hearsay.

with that said, heres another bump. still want an X-pipe or some sort of replacement for our nismo's!
What I noticed on my 370z is that the pipe is smaller coming from the cats the Nismo is 2.5 from the cat back. The cats on my 370 looked like 2.25. Now on the Nismo I don't know I have not had the exhaust off. The gaskets are 2.5. If the cats were the same 2.25 as the 370z that is where the restriction would be. Also think the muffler is a big restriction. Thinking about getting some stainless CF rapped mufflers off ebay and adding those just to the end and later some high flow cats or straight pipes.
Compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote