View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2318 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I got a real nice deal on a Springfield 1911 Range Officer today at the Nation's Gun Show. I took it to the range and put about 200 rounds through it. This thing is a tack driver! I love it.

Also worth noting... my G19 really has a tendency to throw brass right back at my forehead when shooting. It does it more than my G17 and G26 (which rarely does it at all). All are Gen 4s, so this is a known issue.

At the range it's not a huge deal because I always have eye protection and sometimes have a cap on, but in the real world I could see it being a problem. A shell to the eye in the middle of a fight would not be a good thing. I need to look into fixes more closely.
I shot my Glock 19 (Gen 3) last week. Note the ejection pattern in the video. The only two of the 6 shots where the ejection was the same was the two that hit me in the head.

Apex Tactical has a machined extractor that should be out in the next 4-6 weeks. The prototypes are very promising. Should be about $60 according to Randy Lee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzmop7PlUxQ
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote