View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #87 (permalink)
westpak
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 350Z DB
westpak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
I'm dewarming already. What's up wid dis?

After adding timing, tweaking the fuel slightly, driving it for a couple of days so it can learn some. Today, going out logging a few 0-80 runs...... the logs look almost exactly the same as before the tweaks. Just how in the hell do you make these cars respond?

Somebody! Anybody! Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Going to make another trip to Cobb this week and see what they say . In the meantime, try and reset the ECU to see what happens. This really is getting much more difficult than I thought it would be. I'm back to lost all over again.

What good is any software if the car doesn't respond to the changes?
I think there are just some settings that are not accessible that owuld help tune and neutralize conditions while you tune that affect timing.

we played around with the intake temps and actually put an adjustable resistor in the line to control the temps the ECU would see and you could see 5 degrees being taken out as it got hotter, so without knowing if there are similar tables for oil temps we knew we may be fighting a tough battle to get consistent results. It is a good product/concept just needs a little fine tuning to get more control over what is going on to be able to tune and know you have consistent results.
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote