View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #97 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
what he is referring to is the Nissan/Renault should not be wasting time to just out-do Ford. They have established their own culture and heritage and should build that. Additionally, nissan admitted to wanting to compete with the porsches. In fact though the GTR is completely different car than 911, when it first came out Nissans goal was to have it be better, faster than the 911. when the 370Z came out, they wanted it to be a Porsche Cayman S for half the price, which is basically is.
Yes I understand that. I know that the Mustang and Camaro are preparing pretty substantial upgrades for their next generations and the Z needs to do the same. You can say that they're different cars all you want, but in the real world they are cross shopped all the time and selling cars is a business. If the Z gets left far behind in performance, it will become irrelevant to a lot of consumers. You have to keep in mind that the majority of people who buy these cars are not Z enthusiasts like you and I. A good bunch of them are probably not even car enthusiasts, but just bought it because it looked cool. If the Z becomes irrelevant to the majority of consumers and doesn't sell then Nissan will stop making it.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote