View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #91 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Should they be compared? No because they are different cars like you said. Are they compared? Yes they are by most people looking to buy a performance car in this price range. Example, I have a budget of about $35k and I'm looking to buy a performance car. I'm obviously gonna cross shop the Z with the 5.0 and even other things like an Evo, Sti, Cayman (used), etc. Just because the cars aren't in the same class doesn't mean I can't compare them. These comparisons are perfectly valid in my decision of which car I want to buy.
You're Right... but they are not valid when you ask the Z to be more like a stang. if the Z is too slow? buy the stang? if you like the Z better but need to go faster? buy and mod the Z. Just be realistic about the complete & different and individual purposes of each car. you have 35k maybe you need a corvette used? mustang power, Z like handling under some conditions. better than Z in others. But nissan shouldn't sell out the Z to be like a stang' or downgrade power to be like a BRZ... i want the Z to keep its own identity.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote