View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motordyne View Post
When will you do the re-dyno?
I'm wondering if you have some other variable affecting your results. That loss of 100HP sounds really off. Too much to be even a bad install because the primary thing to a bad install is a air leak. And they affect idle exponentially more than WOT.

It's hard to imagine a air leak that would cause a loss of WOT 100HP without making it impossible for the engine to idle or even start up.

The sooner you can get the car back on the dyno with the stock manifold, the better. Just in case there is something else happening that isn't currently accounted for.

100HP is just too much to be a air leak alone.
I have that problem fixed and brought me up to 300 whp. But its still far off from my numbers with the stock intake. I know a lot of guys here make good power with minimal loss on the top end, but I'm not seeing any gains that were better than the stock manifold anywhere in my powerband. I really want the manifold to work, but I'm not seeing benefits. So as a last ditch effort, I'm putting the stock one on, retuning and re-dynoing to validate my results with a more recent dyno. I'll email you the files after. I'll be on the rollers around 1:00am pac time.

BTW I live in Las Vegas.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 07-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote