View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to jump in and clarify something. I saw something in the Nissan Motorsport/Stillen oil cooler comparison thread that I would like to address.

In the installation picture (of the Nissan Motorsport oil cooler) it looks like the crash bumper needs to be removed (and I assume re-installed) in order to install the cooler? It also looks like the crash beam will then cover about 40% of the top half of the oil cooler when it is re-installed? If I'm mistaken please correct me. Our race oil cooler is designed to be mounted directly in front of the crash beam and the crash beam does not need to be removed or modified in order complete the installation. There is also no air restriction from the crash beam as it does not get near the front of the cooler.

We will be installing the race cooler on our car shortly. We still have some testing of other parts to do first but this installation is definitely a priority. I will have more photos and detailed explanation of this as soon as we complete the installation.

Please do not take this post as derogatory towards the Nissan Motorsport oil cooler. Just trying to offer a little more information for those looking for their oil cooler.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote