View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid View Post
The safe maximum is 550whp as per GTM and some vendors.

400hp N/A on a stock block seems very, very possible, lol. People are hitting 340-350whp with just I/H/E and a tune...CAn't wait for some more mods to come in and take it to that 400hp mark. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
I am quite impressed with the easy N/A performance out of them so far. Once a bit more time is spent on them I don't doubt 400whp N/A will be possible without going to extreme lengths.

Has anyone started working on the VVEL yet? Seems like once people can tune the VVEL there is an easy 5-10% more power on top of the basic mods.
i am very ignorant when it comes to tuning and so forth, but from a 330hp @ crank to 400 @ wheel without FI sounds like a joke to me. could you entertain me a bit and explain how anyone could reach 400 @ wheel without FI?

For the lack of better things to do I have been following M3's FI section on m3post.com. the engine puts over 350 hp at the wheel (414 at crank) and everyone finds it a stretch to even reach 400 hp without FI on that car...

edumacation, please!