View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #153 (permalink)
ChrisUR
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Black Edition
ChrisUR will become famous soon enoughChrisUR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
This adapter is simply a replacement of the lower intake manifold to allow us to bolt on the R35 GT-R intake plenum (collector), and that's just the beginning.
thats true - this lower intake manifold will allow you to "simply" install the factory GT-R R35 plenum on the VQ37HR engine.

When everything is finished, test fitted and dyno tested I hope that I can offer a kit which consists of:
- the CNC-machined / hand-welded full aluminum lower intake adapter VQ37HR heads-to-VQ38DETT plenum
- 2 fuel rails with your choice of -6AN / -8AN / -10AN fittings and lines
- all needed gaskets, bolts, washers, etc.
- detailled pictured installation manual (maybe I will do a vid for youtube also)

key aspects of the conversion kit are:
- designed and development with CAD
- computer-simulated and calculated flow optimization
- smooth edges, improved injector spray, equal length runners, largest possible diameter runners, perfect gasket match, blue printed, etc.
- CNC-machined and hand-welded in Germany by a company which produces turbine parts for Airbus aircrafts
- you can use your stock injectors, stock FPR, etc. or you can easily convert to a dual feed / return system
- by using -6AN billet aluminum fuel rails with the stock injectors you optimize fuel delivery even with the stock fuel system
- all sensors, vac lines, etc. can be attached
- stock throttle bodies will fit the GT-R R35 manifold w/out modifications, you only have to shorten your stock intake hoses / aftermarket intake pipes

what I will do for testing is the following:
- dyno my car with the stock manifold
- dyno my car with the GT-R R35 manifold and adapter installed
- dyno my car after a custom tune re-flash with UpRev

I have no real clue yet if and what this conversion will do to a NA car (which I have currently) but I'm 100% sure that a turbo'ed or supercharged car will benefit a lot from this upgrade !

currently I'm waiting for the parts to arrive from the production / assembly, then I will post more pics and keep you updated !

Chris