View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #86 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
My comment below isn't directed at you specifically, but is more of a generalization.

Running 93 won't be an issue as long as you are willing to keep the boost down to safe levels. The advantage you will see with 93 octane is a safer margin against detonation which is well worth losing a few inches in the pissing contest of dyno numbers. Just because you can turn the boost way up doesn't mean it makes sense. That's why I dislike the larger turbo kits for an unmodified VQ37. I don't need a huge turbo since I can't push more than 550whp anyway. I'll take the quicker spool all day over bragging rights about how much power two giant turbos could make.

Now if you are looking to future-proof your build, buying the larger kit may make sense. I would still argue there's tons of usable power left on the table with these turbos if you threw in beefier rods and lowered the compression.
lots of good info i agree with what youre saying. the main problem i'm running into right now is not only comin up with the money for the TT kit but also the transmission upgrades since i would really like to be able to have a fully functioning car rather than losing the higher gears just for high HP numbers lol

this new kit is amazing though. lots of power in a small package.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony