View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #82 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm super excited to see such a well matched kit for the stock VQ37 and happy that GTM didn't nerf the results in order to prevent cannibalization of their larger turbo kit. I was also concerned by the idea of cutting costs, but GTM have shown they don't cut corners and it is encouraging to see the results.

Some smaller turbo or supercharger kits exclude blowoff valves. Running 10 psi I'm happy to see they are present. But that leads me to ask about running 10 psi on the stock rods, especially on 91 which detonates almost as soon as you put it in your gas tank.

Some people seem to be finding the upper limit of these rods to be around 550whp and I would have concerns about longevity. Are there any concerns from you guys at GTM? I live the in the land of 93, and probably wouldn't want to run more than 9 psi, but could see an issue where people tune their cars to run 11-12 psi on 93 octane and then throw a rod through the side of their block.