View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Geek
Base Member

Drives: 07 Honda Civic
The Geek is on a distinguished road

Really suprised me that one or two mentioned that skidpad results should not even be included in the discussion...Surely Car and Driver, MotorTrend, Edmunds, etc. etc. etc. have some sort of knowledge/credability somewhere along the lines of how to test and record these cars performance numbers. I would think they include skidpad for a reason, but what do I know, I'm only a Software Geek...

The only reason I'm shootin for something along the lines of the 370 and not the camaro because of basically what I see on a daily basis (driving around 40 miles to work and back):
- Maybe 1 or 2 extremely nice last bodystyle SS Camaros with older dudes drivin em...they sound very nice btw...
- Around 50, give or take 5, base Camaros (some with rust spots, some black cars with one tiel door, most with flowmasters ofcourse) with young kids and chicks drivin em.

Again, it may be different in different areas of the US, but here that's all I've ever seen.

As far as the 350z and 370z, I don't see a lot at all around here, and when I do it's usually an old dude.

Nonetheless, both the camaro and 370z are great cars in each of their own categories and if one wants 4 seats and a bigger trunk, camaro is your baby, but if you want a 2 seater sports car get a Z.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote