View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutfun View Post
So I should change the diff oil how often and what would your recommend I use for oil?
If you drive the car fairly hard I would change it after 2-3 track events. Street driving is far less demanding, so about 5000 miles of street. I've used Motul, Redline and even Royal Purple in the rear end. I was using 80W90 but have switched to 75W140 to maintain viscosity at higher temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutfun
I have a time attack event coming up at mosport in a couple of weeks and want to make sure the car runs as cool as possible.
COMSCC? What car class are you registered for? Mosport is a heavy throttle use track so you'll want the most cooling you can get. Wish I was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutfun
Also on another note, I tried the carbotech xp12 up front and xp10 in the rear based on some advice from z1 motorsports....bad combination...the rears overheat and brake balance goes all to the front. xp12 all around will be a better option.
Are you sure? That seems unlikely that you are overheating the rears. Have you used temperature paint to see what rotor temps you have? I had ABS locking up the rear wheels very easily when I used the same compound all around, maybe you could jump up to XP16 if you are running on R-comp tires.