View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwnshift View Post
Just so you know.... Track guys you are Prob pushin 400f and that's only 10-15 minute runs.
We hit 380 f and that was with a pump and cooler.... and have really worked to get them liveable.
Change that fluid often ..... For sure!
Yep that's temp we got when I pulled into hot pit after 15 minutes on THill 400 on the dot. Ignorance isn't bliss! I use OS Giken fluid with OS Giken LSD it holds up remarkably well. And runs a little cooler but not much. During track days I would just run couple laps on couple laps off to manage heat. Even for time trails that worked for me. But guys who don't pay attention to rear diff heat are going to cook things nicely especially if they don't change fluid.

When I plan longer track days at hot tracks it will be my next mod but my sprints really don't stress rear diff too badly. Temps under 350 degrees mostly.

I see one main problems being lack of fluid capacity in stock diff. But cooler is mandatory for anyone running these cars seriously.

Last edited by Shamu; 07-11-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote