View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Very nice job!
Thank you sir.

Today started the left light. All I will do is repeat everything posted above, except the mistakes. So I Sanded the chrome this time on the light shroud and had no pealing.. Came out nice and clean. I used a Skill cutter with an oscillating head. This thing is used for floors and dry wall and tile. Now its also used to lights. Worked perfectly, recommend using it if you do this. The cuts are 10 time cleaner and doesn't leave plastic boogers everywhere, also allows you to cut closer to the grey ring which helps you do the job quicker with less grinding.

Next I wrapped the shrouds.. I also Super glued the backing in key spots to keep from bubbling or pealing when they warm up..

I glued Halo on small shroud using Auto Goop:

Glued Lens:

Test fit:

WIRING:
Light works Halos - I double heat shrink them for protection. Also to avoid resting on the metal brackets inside I drilled a hole through the side of the shroud and ran the wires out and around the shroud under the dimples. I avoided the hottest parts of the main projection light. Did the same for the small halo and seal the holes with silicon.

Retrofitsourse.com XB halos: These have small resisters so I wire them inside the light. I don't like drilling holes in the lights if i don't have too.
Wired to Parking Light - Parking light uses a Blue, Black and Yellow wire at the plug. Inside the light the colors change to a Green and Black that run to the center and a Blue and Black that run to a circuit board. I use the Blue and Black to tie into the wiring.

1st: Take the 4 wires from the (2) Halos and match them up color to color. Connect them to make 2 wires. These two wires need to have the ends stripped to expose enough wire to solder to the parking light wires.

2nd: The (2) wires can be connected to the Parking Light wiring inside the light. The parking light wires I used is the Black (Ground) and Blue (Power) at the circuit board. Strip the coverings off so you can solder your wires to the Blk & Blue. ****I don't Recommend Cutting Wires**** Depending on the type of Halos you have usually one wire is power and one is ground. Use a 9V or battery to test your halos and find which is which. XB's halos are awesome, it doesn't matter which wire you use for power as long as the second wire is used as a ground.

3rd: Take your ground Halo wire and solder it to the ground wire (black) on the parking light wires at the circuit board.

4th: Take your power halo wire and solder it to the Blue wire (Positive) at the circuit board.
Take your light and plug it into the car harness and test it. If all is okay repeat steps 1 through 4 on the other light and your good.

* Run the wires under the projection lamp. Use some glue or 3 mil tape if you have too to keep the wires from flopping around and manage your resisters. You will have some slack you will need to keep away from the heat.

It was getting dark but will get better pics tomorrow.
Looks like demon eyes:

Halos only on:

Souldn't be so bad in the day light. They are bright. I love it. The left side does look cleaner and tighter. I new what I was doing when I did it. Took 8 hours to do 1 side. I could do both at the same time in one day. As long as the wife is not around..

Summery List Of What Worked:
G35 Clear Lenses size 2 5/8 or 66.67mm – TRS (THERETROFITSOURCE.COM)
Halo 90mm: (Active links updated to suppliers on 1st page of DIY)
Halo 70mm: (Active links updated to suppliers on 1st page of DIY)
Automotive GOOP
180 and 220 sand paper
Roll of heat shrink
Skill reciprocating hand saw
Air Grinder or equivalent
10 MM Socket
Wire cutters
Soldering Gun and wire
Heat Gun or lots of blow dryers
Lizard Skin Body Filler
What ever paint you want, as long as it bonds with plastic

I still think anyone can do this, I had no idea what I was doing and took my time. I don't think we should have to pay $1100.00 to do this mod. The items I used all together was approx $200.00. It takes me 8 hours to do this mod all the way through. If you just want to paint follow the same steps to open your lights and paint them. That takes 1 hour to do !!

Good luck and PM if you need help or have questions... +1 Rep and LIKE if this thread helps you in anyway.. Please share your builds with all of us and post new ideas...

Stingy bastards have no business in this thread if you don't share!!!

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 05-24-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote