View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update

It worked awesome.. I ran the heat gun about 30 min while I played with the car. I tried pulling them out bare handed NOT!!! Use gloves, make sure you are light to the touch, there are little plastic pieces all over these things that could bend or brake off due to the heat.

The light I set in the sun got so hot I needed gloves to move it. I tried pulling apart and could do it but the sealant was still tacky, using the heat gun while pulling it came apart. I was worried about cracking the cover while pulling that's why I used the heat gun, I wanted to soften it up enough to pull apart with out using the box.

Cool 2 confirmed ways to do it without an oven!

Set it in my lap, popped the plastic tabs and pulled it apart, Easy day!!

My Man Cave !!!!!

Will get to work on pulling the rest apart and painting.. Update tonight if I haven't had a heat stroke!!

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 07-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote