View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update

Here is a picture of what I got from Pep-boys. Some 2 part epoxy, clear, good up to 180 degrees. Some sealant just in case I need it. Some body filler and 180,220 grit sand paper to smooth it out.

Picture of the stock light:

To pull it all apart I used existing DIYs:
DIGItonium awesome DIY thanks for the hard work:
DIY: Front Bumper Removal
DIY: Headlight Removal

Bumper Off, still looks sexy!!!

Lights Off, not sexy, i hope I never wreck:

DON'T HATE ON THE BOX.. its the only thing that was FREE !!!! I could easily cook these in the oven but I wanted to try the box. If i can do it (Mentally Challenged Person) then anyone can do it.

Tapped it up using clear cheap scotch wrapping tape. I closed off all the tears, holes and seams. I laid a towel in the bottom put the light in with clear side down and taped it all up.. Once I had it sealed up real good I cut a hole in the top of the lid than stuck a heat gun (Wagner Sears $25.00) in a hole. I didn't bother taping the gun in place as it would only melt off.

Sorry about the sideways pics..

For Sh--s and giggles I set the other light on top while the heat gun ran its little heart out !!!! Its 90 degrees outside I want to see if it will soften the seal up.

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 07-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote