View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
ben1620
Base Member

Drives: '05 Denali '09 370z
ben1620 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
I would recommend at least getting a dyno run performed where they monitor the A/F ratio to see what the car is running. Sometimes, G3 intakes lean the car out beyond the safe limit where I could tell you that it isn't a problem: my car was detonating slightly before my tune after installing the G3 intake even after resetting the ECU. However, conversely many run the G3 without a tune and have had no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I'm not an expert so I could be wrong, but with that many breathing mods I think you should definitely get a tune to adjust your AFR's. It my understanding that if you have more than two breather mods, like an intake/exhaust combo, then you should tune it. You're really opening up your car's lungs, so I would get the tune to maximize power and make sure that your AFR's are within a safe range. I have Stillen Gen3's, FI CBE, Stillen pulley, and the FI LTH's are coming today, so I will be getting a tune after that.

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new-fangled science stuff

I know I will need a tune. My question is, "Am I at risk of damaging my car if I add the m370 and/or XYZ for a month without a tune?" I see people use the word "safe" so Im apprehensive.