View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update

Once the door panel was off be careful not to drop it, also don't pull it away just yet, you need to remove the door latch cables. Once you see them you will understand how easy it is to pop them off.

With the door panel completely off start removing wire harness, and anything else you might have in the way. I left the speaker and power window housing alone. I didn't want to be stuck all day figuring out how to re-mount it.

So because the nature of man is to be lazy on holidays I cut a 37 inch panel of GTMAT and taped it to the door. Wile tapped I marked the edges with a marker, and tried to mark were the holes were for the door panel. This stuff is hard to make a nice clean hole on.

Once I had it cut out, I cleaned off the door with alcohol and started to stick the panel on. I started on the left and removed the backing as I moved to the right.

I covered the whole door.. Then remounted my wire harness and cross over.

My battery died on the camera, but I cut around the power window stuff and rolled as much flat as I could, if I had gaps I cut pieces to cover them. Make sure you take the time to work the material all the way to the door panel to get good contact. Its a pain but avoid air pockets.

Once the door was done I pulled out some Black Matt Carbon Vinyl to wrap the switch plate. I got this stuff at MetroStyling I got a lot of it, I plan on wrapping the headlights when I build the halo's. This stuff has a nice texture to it and is heat activated so you will need a heat gun..

Make sure you leave enough material to wrap it around to the back so it wont peal when your wife starts playing with it cause it cool!!

http://www.the370z.com/members/nut_n...2-finished.jpg

When your done with it, just re-mount the door panel taking care to line up all the pins before smashing the hell out of it to get it back on.. Completed door!!!

Nice look for $24.00.

Talked to Eric today my M310"s are being powder coated, and the ART Test Pipes are on there way as well as the (4) Halos to mod the head lights.. Can't wait to see it all come together!!!!

For tomorrow I'll pull the seats, kick panels, carpet, and sound deaden the floor and firewall. The only reason I am doing this is to shut my wife up, always complaining about the exhaust note. For me its like music to my ears !!!!

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 07-03-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote