View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
I don't think it's fixable from what he said. That other driver that hit him should be suspended for a few races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
yea but had i been in that car, knowing where i was and what was going on, i probably would have just floored it in reverse and get into the runoff. then recover and try to go on...

... that is if i wasn't in shock and out of my mind lol
I really wish Grand-Am would crack down on this kind of behavior. I know there's "racing incidents" but this was just blatant stupidity. There just needs to be a rule that if while recovering from a spin,etc. that if your action is the direct cause of another incident that you're suspended for the following race. Do it a second time in the same season then your season is over.

And while I don't claim to know anything about actual road racing, why the hell aren't the corner workers more involved in making sure this kinda crap doesn't happen. It seems to me that having the corner worker hold the car until the track is clear would be an easy solution to this problem.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote