View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
KaienZ34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 Tour/Sport
KaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

From my bro simota...

AMUSE SIDE SKIRTS INSTALL!!!!

alright man.... LOL its like 2am here but i gotta at least finish this one.... here is the fun part... your gonna have to drill.... reason being the side skirts that carbon signal provides you has no holes whatsoever but before you freak out.... its actually really easy

step one...

man i wish i took pictures lol ok... there are two screws phillip heads... in the front of the rear tire.... and one phillip head in the front... which is located in the back of the front tire..... i find it easier to jack up the car at its jack points so there is plenty of room to work with.... you have to remove the rear tire.... unscrew the two screws in the back and the one in the front

step two

un bolt all of the 10mm bolts located underneath the stock side skirt... there is maybe like 8 if im not mistaken.... and one pop in fastener.... remove all of that... here is the tricky part... when you open the door... the immediate curve where the body and side skirt meets in the door jam there is double stick tape there.... just pull on it and break the seal of the mounting tape....now you have to pull towards you until you hear a small snap... which means you unlocked the clips.... id say a good 4-5 inches around the mounting tape area..... thats how much you pull forward... no more than that or else youll snap the clips.... now once it is forward.... you have to push towards the front of your car... this will unlock the remainder of all the clips holding the side skirt repeat the step on the pass and your all set

step three

get the carbon signal side skirts... and look at it.... you will see little places where there should have been a hole.... pay close attention to them you can easily tell because the finish on that part is rough and a circle outline is there... now you have to drill precisely all those holes out.... and youll never guess what... they bolt up precisely..... the clips that was on you stock side skirts are useless.... they wont mount on your amuse skirts.... all you have to do is add mounting tape where you removed it and bolt up all the 10mm underneath and your all set.... put back the phillip screws in the rear and the front
remount your rear tire unjack your z... and do it on the other side

step four

step back grab a beer and now sir you have the rear and side skirts mounted....

KaienZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote