Thread: sixpax Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #142 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

... finally made some progress on my harness and air bag situation, but not as far along as I would like to be. Because I sold the seats that came out, I didn't realize keeping the stock belts was going to be an issue because, well, the latch part of the stock seat belt (the fixed one) can't really be removed from the seat without ruining it. Also, I had a solid air bag indicator, which is normal ... so for starters did the previously mentioned 1/2 watt 4.7 ohm resistor trick ...

... they were only 29 cents each so I bought 10 in case I messed some up. I didn't want to cut the connectors off the floor harness, so just jammed them in the holes and taped it up with electrical tape.

... sadly I am at the moment stuck on the reset procedure ... I know the resistors are working because without them I was getting a solid indicator. Now, it is stuck in reset mode ... only I get 2 long flashes, off, and then 5 quick flashes and off again ... just repeats itself. So more work to do there.

I got some universal seat belts, and just used the one end that would come from the stock mounting location on the seat ... so I at least have use of the stock seat belts now. Just have to adjust those pieces to be closer to the same length as the stock ones were.

...and so I am currently stuck here, with stock belts back in action, the harnesses are installed and ready to loop in the back to the harness bar if it ever gets here. So still need to solve my airbag issue, and get the harness bar in then I can be done.

sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote