View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the law can comment, but I thought a DRL mod was only required if you were importing the car from the US.
Not just moving up here. In all my decades of driving in Canada I've never heard of anyone getting pinched for no DRL's.
If you're just visiting or have an extended stay, you don't need DRL, but if you are moving here permanently, your vehicle will need to meet certain laws, safety checks, and emissions tests.

Here is some reading for you. Hope it helps, Moving back to Canada with an American car (sales, 2009) - City-Data Forum