View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosis View Post
I've had my Z for about two months now and am just getting around to pushing it a bit after break in. My wife and I took a nice back roads ~200mi trip yesterday. I have to admit that I'm just not impressed at this car's acceleration. Honestly, getting up to 80mph or so under hard acceleration feels like my 240sx. I know these are not a straight line speed kind of car, but I am still expecting some put you in the back of the seat feeling. Anyone else feel this way?
...Hmmm stock 240 SX does zero to 60 in about 8 seconds and 370z does it in about 5 seconds.

I owned a 240 sx too and that truck engine powered car accelerated like a tractor. My Sentra SER was faster. Perhaps youre driving the Z like 240 SX and shifting before you get to 5000 RPM. Z actually makes power to it's 7500 rpm redline. Shift down and use some of those RPMs!