View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosis View Post
I've had my Z for about two months now and am just getting around to pushing it a bit after break in. My wife and I took a nice back roads ~200mi trip yesterday. I have to admit that I'm just not impressed at this car's acceleration. Honestly, getting up to 80mph or so under hard acceleration feels like my 240sx. I know these are not a straight line speed kind of car, but I am still expecting some put you in the back of the seat feeling. Anyone else feel this way?
I know what you mean about the 370Z not having that feeling of "put you in the back of the seat feeling." I owned a 2012 MazdaSpeed3 and that car DID have that "put you in the back of the seat feeling" specifically when the turbo kicked in. But I traded the MS3 in after just 3 months for the 370Z which IMO offers a lot more than just a "put you in the back of the seat" kind of feeling. First of all, the Z just looks like its going 100 mph standing still. The MS3 looked like it's....well....just parked. I can feel the strength of the Z's 332 horses just by the feel and sound of it. There's no better feeling than going through the gears in a 370Z. Yes the MS3 had lots of torque but it was all in the front end. It was almost uncontrollable at times. The Z is a more predicatable but a no less exciting sports car. The precise handling in the Z can only be matched by sports cars more than twice the price which is another plus regarding the Z..it's cost. You can't get a more sports car feel for around 30K like you can in the Z. I often said that the MS3 was "stupid fast" while the 370Z is a much more "refined fast"....and much more thrilling to drive. On the highway the other day, I was doing about 70 and decided to punch it a little to catch a GT-R that had passed me. I quickly looked down at my speedometer and found myself doing 100. The Z is an sports car icon. It's fast, refined, and looks like it belongs on a track. That's not only good enough for me, it's the most beautiful, sexy, and thrilling car I've ever owned.

Last edited by JohnsZ; 06-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote