View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Brakes were good, but I feel like I was braking way early and not hard enough (that's what she said) instead of waiting and then braking hard. That is one thing I need to work on. Not used to carrying that much speed into a turn and then braking hard to get to the proper speed and I need more practice with that. Reference points are VERY important for threshold braking - use those distance markers.

Another thing I want to do is drive a more high speed course with faster turns. I guess the main course at Summit Point would be better with this than the Jefferson circuit. Though the Jefferson circuit is the one where I'll be driving the Lamborghini next month.
Very common to do this as a beginner. Threshold braking is definitely a skill that takes practice. But look at it this way: early braking is a LOT better than late braking. It takes time to learn a track, and you always early brake into corners until you know it better. And you make MINOR adjustments (5-10 feet at a time), slowly working your way to the limit of when you can brake hard, and as soon as you start taking your foot off the brake, your turn-in is beginning or already begun (trail-braking).

Main course at Summit is definitely the faster course, but I feel Shenandoah is much better at learning driving than Main. There are a LOT of varied corners at Shenandoah.

So did you get a feel for using your throttle to steer around the corners? Did he make sure you didn't alter your steering angle at all, and only used the gas?