View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
So how hard is yours to lift?

I'm sure these things are designed to be balanced just right so it's possible if its off it makes a difference. We've got Lamborghini Countach doors here.

I know Nissan made a big deal about how the original Murano hatch door was designed and produced from special materials to allow for (basically) old women to be able to both open and close it easily. The door is very light going up, and when coming down, you pull it lightly to a certain point, let go, and it basically closes itself from there. My Z hatch does NOT work like that.
not hard at all to lift on mine. i can use one finger and lift it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyy View Post
I guess I'm unique in that way...

But seriously, what's wrong with using the metal latch? I just prefer not to ever touch my paint.
doesnt that have grease on it? i dont mind oil/grease while working on my cars, but not when im not. i like to keep my hands clean.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote