View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
carbonzbro
Base Member

Drives: 03 350z 6spd
carbonzbro is on a distinguished road
Default is there such thing as a "one price dealer"

i went to a dealer and the car was priced at 34,900

i test drove it, i was planning to trade my car in ( 03 350z 71k miles) the sales rep told me they were going to give me a low price on the car ( he was right, they offered me 7k which is total BS ) and that i should negotiate the price of my car up as opposed to the car im buying down, then the sales manager said they were a "one price dealer" which means they do not negotiate the price of their vehicles....is this complete and total BS ? or are some dealerships really like this

( i am 19 years old soo im guessing dealerships try to scam young people because they assume they are stupid or ill-informed when buying cars. However i run my own business and am not a fool by any means, just looking for some clarification thats all)

edit: the car is an 08 corvette with a z51 package ( i know this is a 370z forum but im crossshopping between a z and a vette, and the z forums are much friendlier if there really are " one price dealers" is 35k a good deal for this car ? KBB prices it at 38k with 26k miles ( same as the one i test drove)

Last edited by carbonzbro; 06-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.
carbonzbro is offline   Reply With Quote