View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
You know I was curious about this as well. I was considering LTH but I can just get test pipes, which are easier to install, cost less, and can be removed if I need my cats back on.

In terms of performance, I can't imagine them being too much different. I'm sure the LTH will be better as they converge later causing better airflow, but I'd be willing to bet it's not a huge impact (single digit WHP). In which case I'll just take the hit and put test pipes on.
With F.I. and Motordyne, you have the option of having HFC's on the exhaust. I have the Motordyne XYZ Y pipe. Allows me to run with a cat, resonated, or straight. Price and install are the only drawbacks to headers. They will sound better, look better, and make more power than any pipe coming off the stock shorties (excluding forced induction). Expect at a minimum 30 whp gain with exhaust and headers. Compared to a test pipe, it might make 5-10whp with 10 being a stretch. I gained 30whp over stock untuned and with a busted O2 sensor running a HFC with my LTH's and CBE.

Point is, if you can find a set of LTH's at a decent deal, I recommend to jump on it.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote