Thread: 370z LS Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #109 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpritche View Post
I think the ls1 was blown to hell and they had an lq9 laying around(not 100% sure.) I agree 100% that it doesn't make sense to swap out a heavier motor for realistically the same HP, but I guess given the circumstances of his situation it was something unique and different that he could do.

Oh and yeah, he is spraying.

The town I am from is VERY small and even though this build seems "normal" and not particularly fast, here its "amazing" and "holy **** fast" hahah. It is all relative though. For example, my 370z is considered an "exotic" to most people here haha. Don't get me wrong the Z is a great car, but by NO means ANYWHERE near an exotic
Oh no, you're very correct. I get lots of looks back in my hometown in NY. 6 months of winter prevents most from buying one there haha.

A blown LS1 for an LQ9 makes a lot more sense. Also, when I mean spraying the crap out of it, I'm talking 200-300 shot. I was spraying a 100 wet shot with my cam, and it put down about 520 to the wheels....stock bottom end. But, for what it's worth, this is what you can do with one of those 6.0L's, and this was done wayyyyyy back in 04/05.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOm-16y8NqM

I helped this guy out with another build he had (a Ford Fairmont swapped with a big single-turbo 5.3L from a Silverado with stock block, stock bottom-end that ran 9's lol). That was in Omaha! Not much going on in that area :-p. Small town, schmall town.

Then again, lotsa rich folk in Omaha :-p. This guy was not, however - just knew how to fab, and did it well...