Thread: 370z LS Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #107 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpritche View Post
I have a friend that has a 2001 camaro ss. He took the stock Ls1 out and put a lq9 in there(same engine as the silverado ss). He added a cam, intake, and exhaust and he is making over 400hp to the wheels. He says he runs the 1/8 in around 7.5-7.6

Kind of off topic I know, but if its possible, and if you want a torque monster this would be unique as well.
...I don't know why someone would pull out the aluminum 5.7 LS1 to replace it with an iron/aluminum 6.0 LQ9 and only make 400 to the wheels? I cam-swapped my LS1 with a baby 224/224 cam and an intake manifold WAY too big for it (FAST 90), and made just shy of 400 to the wheels...

Hopefully it's more than just a LITTLE over 400 to the wheels lol. Considering the motor, he should either be spraying, or boosting the living crap out of it. That, or step his game up with the cam :-p

Judging by his time, he's running a mid-high 11-second quarter. Not particularly amazing.