View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Seen a few early reviews and people say it is impressive, basically think of Kinect for Xbox 360, but with better hardware.
Replacement for the keyboard will be the keyboard, just modified from what we typically see. Voice command is not possible in a working environment or public usage, but changing the design is. Instead of a huge piece of plastic/metal/etc. you might just have a digital layout on a desk or a customizable screen (think iPad device which links to your PC).
I agree with the Kinect reference. My first thought was, "This is Kinect on steroids."

I'm not so certain that keyboard replacement would take on the form of having an iPad built into the desk. On one hand, it would seem rather limited because you could only type from certain spots and on the other, if you made the entire surface like an iPad, that would probably be incredibly costly and not really worth the expense. Part of me suspects that it may go down the path of having the monitor (or some other 3rd party product) project a keyboard onto the desk surface and pick up your finger inputs that way.

Could be wrong though. I would love to have my entire desk surface act like a usuable desktop and then still be able to throw items up on the monitor if I wanted to mess with it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I can't wait until we just control stuff with our thoughts. It's technically possible, but still decades away from anything fully functional. It's currently being researched for applications in robotics, aiding those who have lost a limb(s) or paralized.
This would be cool so long as it can be turned 100% off imo.
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote