View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shadax
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
Shadax will become famous soon enough
Default Alarm Recommendation?

I'm really trying hard not to drop $500 on an alarm and installation, but I don't want to make a pointless investment on something too cheap.

I know there are numerous threads on this, I just can't seem to make a decision.

I want a simple alarm with tilt sensors, a pager on the remote, and one that is proven to prevent theft/vandalism.

Long story short, I had have recently moved and I absolutely do not trust anyone in my neighborhood. It's to the point that it's not car theft I'm worried about, it's vandals. In fact, just a month ago my car was hit in the parking lot (I was parked towards the back, next to NO other cars) and I was hit. Had my pager gone off, I would have had enough time to run out and catch the suspect.

Alas, I am now 100+ dollars poorer getting a fender dent removed.

So anyway, I'd like to prevent any further lost sleep with my baby sitting out front (I have no garage).

The great part is that there is very little traffic or pedestrians, so it shouldn't be going off too much. I just really need the peace of mind.

I like the reviews on this system, but am afraid it will be overkill:

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5902-Res...8847681&sr=1-1

Second choice:

Amazon.com: VIPER 5704V FULL FEATURE CAR ALARM WITH REMOTE START AND 2-WAY PAGER: Electronics

I am also confused on what to get *with* the system alone. It seems like many reviewers mention to get certain accessories, but being naive I want to get exactly what I need to tackle this install (including pro installer).

I greatly appreciate any advice.
Shadax is offline   Reply With Quote