View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by edconline View Post
You don't need the stock seats, just solder two pieces of wire to the resistor and use those to plug into the stock harness coming up from the floor. Or, for a more permanent install, cut the harness off of the floor cable and solder the resistor to those wires
So I want to leave my connector attached coming from the floor...you state solder two wires to the resistor and them plug those into the harness coming form the floor...for this type of install:

1. How do the wires soldered to the resistor stay in the holes in the plastic plug ? Jam it in there and tape it ?

2. I am not sure if the plug in the floor is a male or female, have not taken seats out yet...but anyway, is it possible to get the correct plastic plug with two wires coming out of it that will just snap into the connector from the floor and then solder the resistor to to the two wires coming form the other end ? Taking the one from the stock seats is not an option as I am selling them.

I'm a knucklehead ... I know, but any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote