View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #1074 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

I think part of the reason people are saying they are overpriced is because of the dealer mark-up on these cars. They are being produced in limited numbers and are going to go for a bit more at first.

I think the car would be pretty awesome to buy used in a few years for a couple thousand cheaper. At the price it's at now, it's in the range of cars that I would say are a step up from it performance wise (Z, 5.0, etc.). If you look in the used market, you can get much better performing "driver's cars" for a little bit more than the BRZ. You can get a Lotus Elise or Porsche Cayman for that much. Yeah I know they have higher maintenance costs and stuff, but I'm strictly looking at the cost of the car.

The true value of a car to any person is really subjective. Some people just care about the driving experience and would be willing to pay extra for it even if the car's numbers don't hold up to other similar cars. I personally think you should look at everything together and evaluate the car overall after driving it. Sure the FRS/BRZ may give a great driving experience for some, but for others it might feel underpowered which might ruin the experience for them.