View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Phase 5: The Little Things (ongoing)

All sorts of ideas for stuff going in - some confirmed, others not.

Preliminary plans:
-Awesome Steve McQueen poster I got YEARS ago (since he IS the King of Cool, and all) - CONFIRMED
-Medium-sized plastic Nissan banners I would like to grommet and hang properly - UNCONFIRMED
-Large, plastic Grassroots Motorsports banner I'd also like to grommet/hang - CONFIRMED
-Diamond-plate light switch/power socket covers with black switches/sockets - CONFIRMED
-Paint a 6 sq/ft-sized square of dry-erase onto my wall and nail a frame around it, for ease of noting maintenance intervals. Also great for drawing pictures of pen15's when bored/drinking. I think this idea is REALLY trick, and would look awesome. Kit is a bit expensive though (~$90 I believe). - UNCONFIRMED
-Garage Computer: I have some really cool ideas I'm considering: first, is to come up with a self-contained hanging box with a drop-down front door. When you open it, attached with velcro would be my keyboard, and inside would be the monitor on a wall-mount that can be pulled out. I see this as being absolutely priceless when working on a car, since pulling up DIY's and searching for info is awesome when you're stuck.

The other idea is to get some clear acrylic and build my own case, with all of the parts exposed, and simply hang it right on the wall with the monitor on a wall-mount. I'd likely add a flip-up/down shelf with my keyboard and mouse attached. I think this would look pretty slick, but we'll see. - CONFIRMED
-A short-post lift. I'm still very torn on this, as it truly is a luxury that is pointless for me until I pay the car off and start hitting the track more. - UNCONFIRMED
-A good tire rack, to store track/street tires. I'd LIKE to find one big enough to support 2 sets (eventually getting some summer tires for my truck rather than running all-seasons at all times...), but we'll see. At minimum, the Z's tires must make it up there. - CONFIRMED (but still far off)

Last edited by MightyBobo; 05-31-2012 at 08:36 AM.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote