View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #1136 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
^what are ur driving impressions after installing the exhaust + hfc VS. Stock? Any detailed reviews would be great, thanks
Detailed review coming Saturday along with everything else But note that I don't have any "vs stock" comparisons. My previous exhaust setup for the past several thousand miles was Stillen headers, Berk HFCs, and a slightly broken Stillen catback, which was swapped for this FI catback with 18" resonators and CF mufflers.

But for now I will say: I did finally get on the throttle in the upper revs with it last night, and the sound is awesome The power is at least on par with where I was at, but butt dynos aren't precise enough to tell the difference between two different well-flowing catbacks honestly.

My only "issue" so far is that my car is being pretty droney on the inside at low RPMs under load (like, cruising in high gear at 2kpm and then giving it a bit of gas without changing gears).

I don't think this is inherent in the exhaust (as in, others probably won't hear the same thing on their cars). I think it has to do with the current configuration of my trunk area, which is basically acting like a big drum / echo chamber. The spare and subwoofer are gone, as is the stand-off heat shield underneath, and I currently have the foam parts and the cover board and carpets re-installed on top. So basically where most people's spare/sub are, I have a big empty hole acting like an echo chamber, and the trunk floor is just one thin sheet of bare metal between the echo chamber and the mufflers

I'm adding some Dynamat to the floor metal of the trunk today or tomorrow, which should help clear that up. If that doesn't do enough, I may add some lightweight filler where the spare was just to kill the echo chamber (like a bag of foam pieces or something).