View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vertigo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z / R32
Vertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vertigo
Default JL shipped me a turd in a box labelled W3 for $159

So, I turn on my car today and notice that my bass sounds significantly quieter. Hmmnm, I've only had my stereo installed for 3 weeks, so what could be the problem? I open my hatch and only 1 of my 10" JL W3V3's is working I check the speaker wire connections from my amp to the box terminal of the nonworking sub and it seems to be just fine, but still no sound from the speaker.

Next, I remove my nonworking sub from the box and check the connection from my sub to the inside of the box terminal, and all seems to be fine, but still no sound from the speaker. I'm thinking, there's no way this sub could be malfunctioning after only 3 weeks of use at moderate power (approx 300RMS per sub); not a sub that JL praises due to it's reliability.. Finally, I decide to use the speaker wire that's going from my amp to my working sub's terminal, disconnect it from the terminal, and connect it to the + and - connections on my nonworking JL sub and it connects, but still no sound from the speaker.

In summary: All of the connections done by bigaudiofanat held up and JL's product failed miserably after only 3 weeks of moderate use. On Tuesday, I will be contacting JL to see if they will replace this product or refund my money. Wish me luck. After all, they should stand behind their product, especially when a customer receives a turd-sub with their name on it... and the words "#1 in Product Reliability" are written right on THE FRONT OF THE F^*KING BOX!

Last edited by Vertigo; 05-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote