Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #290 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Hey wstar, remember this pic from my header installation DIY thread, showing how the CBE doesn't line up with the HFCs after I installed the Stillen headers?
Do you think it's possible that you had that issue with the tips being too high because of this (considering you have the same headers/HFC setup)? What I'm envisioning is that the flange of the CBE came down in order to meet up with the HFC flange, which in turn tipped the rear of the exhaust upwards, thus making the tips touch (or almost touch) the rear valence. Does that make sense?
Yeah I remember that pic. Given your pic, the issue I just had with my exhaust tips, and the issues we all had with the Stillen CBE (it was low in the center and hitting the crossmember, but I think for the same reasons - it's just affected differently because it hangs differently), I'm pretty damn sure that Stillen Headers + Berk Cats = HFC outlets come out too low. What's not clear is which (or both) of those are at fault.