Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #287 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

All sorted out now. Each of the rear exhaust hangers (there are two of them) is bolted to the body with 3 bolts, for a total of 6. Added 3x 5/16" plain old washers to each bolt, and now everything fits well.

I'm not inclined to pass any final judgment on the exhaust yet, based on the fact that I've been happy the first day and then sad within a few days several times on catback issues in the past, as problems sometimes don't really become obvious at first.

But that aside, initial impressions:

So far the first drives have gone well, and nothing's wrong. Compared to the previous setup (Stillen's CBE) the volume is a bit louder overall, and the tone slightly deeper. There's a little bit more low-frequency drone in the cabin than before too at low RPMs, but with the windows up it doesn't seem like it will be enough to be annoying on the highway. The main reason I even noticed it is that the change I keep putting in the center cupholder was vibrating along with it and making noise, which didn't happen much before. I guess this will help keep me from leaving junk laying around in the car

I haven't gone over about 4.5K rpms or done any WOT driving yet, as I'm letting everything burn in a little first before I blast too much pressure through it. Based on the tone changes from idle up to 4.5K though, something tells me this thing is going to sound insanely good in the upper ranges.

Videos will probably happen Saturday.