View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #989 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
No, I'm simply pointing out how ridiculous to assume the BRZ / FR-S are somehow not worth it due to their straight line acceleration.

Again, if the BRZ / FR-S are indeed in the same ball park with the MX-5 as 99^ of the reviews have suggested it makes no sense to assume the cars won't be worth the price or be under-powered.

Also to assume more power would somehow make the BRZ / FR-S better is a fallacy unless your main thing is #'s. As is with 200hp the BRZ / FR-S will likely finish far above any car 40K and under and in the same ball park vs. the EVO X / MX-5 in terms of being fun to drive / handling dynamics.

So of this happens to be the case (likely IMO) how does it make any sense to suggest the car is somehow too under-powered / not worth it, etc? So a car costing ~25-28K is rated among the best drivers cars yet somehow it's not worth it? I don't follow the logic.

Why would the car need more than 200hp if by most accounts it doesn't and places among the very best in terms of being a fun to drive driver's car? Is it the #'s your worried about?

But again, I haven't driven the BRZ / FR-S but judging on 99% of the reviews thus far there's not much reason to believe the BRZ / FR-S won't be well worth the price.

If you're happy with your Z that's great nobody is forcing anybody to trade in. There's no need to take offense. I know people feel they need to defend their purchase but it's not the end of the World. There's always going to be better cars coming out.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hlc4re

I have owned very similar cars to the brz, as I stated above, and I found them to be wanting, even in daily driving around town, for power. Based on my personal experience with two miatas, IF, the brz is similar to those cars, and I think we can all agree that is the case, then FOR ME, it is underpowered. It didn't say it wouldn't be fun to drive, have great dynamics etc but a good sports car needs both handling AND power. Most cars have some compromises with those two things. The Brz would seem ot ahve a big compromise with one (power).

I don't need to defend my Z purchase, anyone here who has seen my posts knows I have some serious bones to pick with nissan for some inane cost cutting BUT what I don't understand is your die hard obsession with defending the honor of a car you've never driven on a car forum that is dedicated to a different make?? I like the Z but I"m not on a brz/frs forum trying to convince them that the Z is the better car. I don't get that part of it.