Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #286 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

ccclxxz PM'd me recommending that I just space off the rear hanger mounts from the body a bit at the back of the car with washers to get the tips fitting tight. Tested this by simply loosening the mounting bolts so that the hangers fell down a little (the bolts screw up through the hanger mounts into the underside of the car) and this seems to solve the tip fitment issue without causing any problems anywhere else under the car, and it's simple, so I think I'm gonna go with that solution.

Work is in my way this morning though, and I'm waiting to get an email back from FI themselves first just in case they have anything to say on the matter. Once those two things are outta the way, I'll probably put the car down, warm up it up, and take it for an easy drive over to the hardware store and back to get washers, and then fix this up and continue with the warm-up / break-in / testing early in the afternoon.

Edit: FI concurs, so this should all be sorted out easily this afternoon.

Last edited by wstar; 08-27-2009 at 11:01 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote