View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #950 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
EVO drivers are much more like minded to enthusiast drivers. They see BRZ as being awesome track toy where you thrash it to death but the took brz on extended trip on country roads with competing cars. Spent a lot of non track time. They wanted to love the car but couldn't. It's way too buttoned down with not enough power.

They indicated they often were lacking torque and engine is not rewarding but very thrashy. Indicated its very well executed but very boring to drive on the street.

Makes sense to me 2700 lbs of car plus driver are a lot for a little 2.o to haul around. They indicated car is lifeless on street until you get it over 5000 rpm.

Also indicated its toy like.

I'll stay with my grown up Z thank you.

They also tested old Wrx against it and said wrx was more exciting to drive. That's pretty damning!

Also ran it on the track were a front wheel drive Renault was putting 5 seconds a lap on it! Ouch!
Oh and that's what 1 out of how many reviews that say the opposite? I got a feeling they are full of ****. EVO is known for being shitty at car reviews so what they say doesn't mean anything as far as I'm concerned.

I'll take the word of the VAST Majority until I get a chance to drive one myself.

Your "grown up" Z? Well your "grown up" Z gets destroyed by a little MX-5 where it matters. The BRZ / FR-S according to 99.9% who've tested say it doesn't need more power and should be among the best driver's cars available.

Just wait until Car and Driver / Road & Track compare / test the BRZ / FR- S against your "grown up" Z in test that actually matter. I can almost guarantee the BRZ / FR-S will rate far ahead of your "grown up" Z.

I just noticed that EVO could only muster a 7.6 0-60time so they either can't drive worth a time or they were handed a busted BRZ to test. Others have posted times ranging in the 6.2-6.4 range.

Regardless the car isn't about #'s and should be a phenomenal driver's car. EVO is CLEARLY full of **** and this wouldn't be the first time they published a BS review. They're consisting coming to conclusions completely contrary to reality. Their mentally is like the typical 20 year old kid judging cars almost solely on "how fast" it goes. UK Top Gear has more credibility than them and that isn't saying much at all.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uywwxw

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.