Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #280 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Status update on the FI exhaust install. I got started late, as usual for a weekday I guess.

Removed the Stillen system, did a little prep work regarding heat shielding, etc. Cleaned up the mating surfaces on the rear flanges of my HFCs. Installed all of the FI parts per the manual, with all the bolts and gaskets in place, but the bolts just on loosely with my fingers so far everywhere.

The thing that has had me the most nervous about this is fitment at the crossmember, given the past issues with the Stillen kit, and the fact that I'm running Stillen's headers and Berk's HFCs (neither of which FI has been tested with, and some people have raised question marks about whether the rear of the HFCs comes out at the correct spot with this setup, too...).

Removed the temporary shim I was using at the crossmember to hold up the center just to see how bad it sags and how much play there was in various directions before I tighten, and.... <drumroll>.... it clears the crossmember easily, even with all the bolts still loose just hanging there So I'm very happy. Taking a little break here before I go back down and finish this up, but so far everything looks great