View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsix View Post
Could you guys say why you each liked the R8 the best?

Reviews I've read say it's an easy car to drive and has a likeable character... ...

Well as most people know the Audi V10 and the Gallardo are pretty much the same car, just different bodies. The Audi is slightly slower too as it's got a detuned motor compared to the Lambo. That being said the Audi just seemed to flow better, smoother, and was easy to contain. The Lambo felt more raw and at it's limits didn't seem as composed as the Audi. Another thing was the paddle shifters for the Lambo are in a odd place compared to the Audi. With the Audi there are very close to the wheel at the 9 and 3 position. With the Lambo they were further behind the wheel and slightly higher in position. During driving I never had to take my eyes off the road with the Audi but with the Lambo I kept having to see where the paddles were so I could hit them. Once coming into a corner I acciedently hit the windshield wipers instead of the paddle. I mean if I were to own either of these cars I would be getting a true manual tranny anyway so the paddles wouldn't matter; but still during the driving experience the Audi was the car that I connected with the most.

The Porsche was crazy fast and was the only one of the three I was intimitated pushing while doing laps. It also had more of a delay in shifting than the Audi or Lambo. Again this wouldn't be an issue in real life as I would get the manual. Still, the Porshe was just too much car for me. The Audi felt plenty fast while still not scaring the piss out of you and feeling as if you had control of the car. The porsche was like I was on the edge of losing control the whole time.

I plan to go back and try the GTR and Italia in the next couple weeks just for fun.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote