View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
As far as i know the 370z is quicker than a cl500. Why would you have use WOT more in the z? you are implying the cl500 is faster/quicker which it is not, in fact it is a boat and I imagine that it would need WOT more of the time. BTW I don't understand who purchases a car to drive it WOT most of the times.
It's because the 5 liter V8 in his Benz has a lot more torque.

My girlfriend has a CLK500 which is slower than my Z (though it does run ~13.8ish), but just driving around it feels a lot faster. That's what 340 lb-ft of torque at 2,700 RPM will do. Those V8 cars have a lot of grunt and instant response down low.

With the Z you need to wind it out a little bit more to get the power out of it.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote