View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoxp800 View Post
So your say put a 255 up front and a 257 rear with help with the under steer issue? Keep in mind I only have one set of wheels. So this setup has to work as a weekend driven car.
I am going to keep looking with the sizes you talked about an see what comes up. I would like to have another set of wheels, but right now is not the time for it, so this is why I was looking at the:
F. 255/35-19 = 2.7% Over OEM
R. 305/30-19 = 2.3% Over OEM
Sizes, kind of dual purpose tire. I am understanding your point on the under steer some know. Boy have I got allot to learn.

Thank for the input ResIpsa.
I am suggesting that you run 275’s on the front and the rear. Regardless of what anyone on this forum says, they will fit. Although, your fronts may bulge a little.

Don’t worry so much about the percentage difference from stock wheel diameter. If you are running equally sized tires in the front and rear you will be fine because the front and rear will be the same. I think you would have problems with the VDC if your front and rear tire diameters were way off.

Keep in mind I am only saying this because I think this would be the best setup for track use. Any of the sizes you suggested would work and look much better than a square setup.