View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptre155 View Post
I was going to weigh the plate before I mounted the speakers but forgot. The plate is done for the most part. All I did was wrap it in the same felt I made the truck mat from. I want to say the plate weighed right around 5 pounds.. The bracket for the amp, maybe 2 pounds. I went with the 3/4 plate to give me just a tad more room for the amp and so that I could keep the 6'5 speakers out towards the outer edges. The speaker grills made them just a tad to big to fit.

Monster boat man... Mines only a 32ft with twin 454 magnums. Crushing waves is the best... ok maybe more like skipping across the top heheeh. I recently sold my Raptor, and the scarab is next. I love boating.... But man... gas prices are melting a hole in my pocket. A guy down the road as a 44ft with triple 502's... I can't even imagine... But if you have a 150k+ boat you probably don't care.
In regards to the sub bracket; you may want to fab a sub box in order to get the best punch from those speakers. The is little room (width) so I found it best to fab the sub box from fiberglass so the speakers will fit as flush to the existing rear hatch floor.

Sold the boat years ago due to having little time to enjoy it.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote